Last updated: April 24, 2012
Scope of Use:
The contents of this Site, such as text, graphics, images, animations, videos and/or any other information contained on this Site are for informational purposes only.
CMZ invites you to view, use and download portions of this Site for your personal, informational, non-commercial purposes; provided that you leave all copyright, trademark and other proprietary notices intact. In addition, certain areas of the Site specifically allow users the option to download materials and tools (e.g. photos, videos, lesson plans, and educational documents) ("Downloadable Content") intended for educational and training purposes. Provided you , (a) leave all copyright, trademark and other proprietary notices intact, (b) do not display or distribute the Downloadable Content on another website without our prior written consent, and (c) do not sell, resell, or otherwise exploit the Downloadable Content for commercial purposes, you may reproduce, display, and distribute the Downloadable Content for training and educational purposes. However, for the portion of Downloadable Content available only to registered users (e.g. those who have a username and password that provides access to additional staff, volunteer or docent materials that are not made publically available on the site), you may not reproduce, display, or distribute such Downloadable content without CMZ's prior written consent. Except as expressly provided in this paragraph, you may not reproduce, modify, display or distribute any text, graphics, images or other content on the Site, or the design and layout of the Site, without CMZ's prior written consent.
By accessing the Site, you agree to abide by all security and safety measures established by CMZ or its partners or service providers. CMZ reserves the right, for any reason, at its sole discretion, to terminate, change, suspend, or discontinue any aspect of the Site at any time. CMZ may also impose limits on certain features of the Site or restrict access to any part or all of the Site without notice or penalty.
Rules of Conduct
Certain areas of the Site, including the "Show Us Your Work" section, permit you to upload, post, email, or otherwise transmit content (collectively, "User Content").
- use this Site for illegal purposes, in violation of any applicable laws or regulations or in violation of the rules of CMZ or its service providers;
- copy, sell, resell, or exploit for commercial purposes any portion of this Site;
- use any robot, spider, or other automatic or manual process to monitor, data mine, or copy any Site pages, content, or user information, except as expressly permitted by CMZ;
- intentionally manipulate identifiers, use another’s id or password without authorization, or otherwise engage in any activities intended to impersonate or hide a user’s identity or contact information;
- transmit or distribute viruses or other malicious code;
- collect user names and contact information and/or send unsolicited commercial communications (spam);
- take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionally large load on the Site’s infrastructure;
- post content or take any action on the Site that infringes or violates someone else's rights (whether protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity or other proprietary right) or otherwise violates the law;
- transmit or distribute any User Content that is unlawful, deceptive, false, stolen, threatening, abusive, harassing, obscene, pornographic, defamatory, racially or ethnically objectionable, or in violation of the personal privacy rights of another; or
- assist or permit any persons in engaging in any of the activities described above.
- Each user of this Site, including you, is responsible for (i) the User Content that the user transmits to the Site, and the consequences of its use or submission; and (ii) ensuring that all User Content the user transmits to the Site is accurate, truthful, up-to-date, and complete.
All trademarks, service marks and logos on this Site are the property of the Cleveland Metroparks Zoo. CMZ owns various trademarks, service marks and logos used on this Site, including without limitation, CMZ logo. Unauthorized use of any CMZ (or of any third-party) trademark, service mark, or logo may violate CMZ’s or a third party's legal rights. You must obtain CMZ's written permission prior to using any trademark or service mark of CMZ.
CMZ and its licensors own all intellectual property rights in this Site, except as otherwise expressly indicated. This Site is protected by United States and international copyright laws. Any unauthorized use of the Materials may violate copyright laws, laws of privacy and publicity, and other laws and regulations.
By transmitting User Content to CMZ or this Site, you grant CMZ a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, assignable, sublicensable license to use, reproduce, store, modify, display, distribute, prepare derivative works based on, and transmit such content for any purpose, and you waive any and all moral rights and publicity rights in such content.
Limitation of Liability
YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND MATERIALS IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. CMZ SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SITE AND THE MATERIALS, EVEN IF CMZ HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Some jurisdictions do not allow exclusions of liability for certain types of damages. Accordingly, some of the above limitations may not apply to you to the extent prohibited by law. In such cases, CMZ's liability will be limited to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
Violations; Termination of Usage
Third-Party Sites and Linking
Unless otherwise set forth in a written agreement between you and CMZ, you must adhere to CMZ's linking policy as follows: (i) the appearance, position and other attributes of the link may not be such as to damage or dilute the goodwill associated with CMZ’s name or any CMZ trademark or service mark; (ii) the appearance, position, and other attributes of the link may not create the false appearance that your organization or entity is sponsored by, affiliated with, or associated with CMZ; (iii) when selected by a user, the link must display the Site on full-screen and not within a "frame" on the linking Site; and (iv) CMZ reserves the right to revoke its consent to the link at any time in its sole discretion.
Registration and Account Security
Compliance with Laws
Although accessible by others, the Site is intended for access and use by U.S. residents only. The information provided on this Site is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation. CMZ makes no representation that the information in the Site is appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to the Site from territories where the content of the Site or use of the services offered herein may be illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access the Site from other locations do so on their own initiative and risk and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws.