Through investigations focused on bear species of the world, students will learn the differences in the needs of humans and bears as well as the basics of reading and creating maps.
State Standards include -
Life Science: Physical and Behavioral Traits of Living Things: Living things are different from nonliving things and Living things have physical traits and behaviors, which influence their survival
Basic Needs of Living Things: Living things have basic needs which are met by obtaining materials from the physical environment; and Living things survive only in environments that meet their needs
Interactions within Habitats: Living things cause changes on Earth
National Standards include -
Science as Inquiry: Abilities necessary to do scientific inquiry and Understandings about scientific inquiry
Life Science: Characteristics of organisms; Life cycles of organisms; and Organisms and environment.
Science in Personal and Social Perspectives: Personal health; Characteristics and changes in populations; Types of resources; Changes in environments; and Science and technology in local challenges.
- Grades (0)K-2: Life Science Topic - Basic Needs of Living Things
- Grades (0)K-2: Life Science Topic - Interactions within Habitats
- Grades (0)K-2: Life Science Topic - Physical and Behavioral Traits of Living Things
- Grades (0)K-4: Life Science
- Grades (0)K-4: Science as Inquiry
- Grades (0)K-4: Science in Personal and Social Perspectives
- Basic Needs
- Life Cycles
- Natural Resources
- Science and Technology